Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Freedom from Distractions - Lessons Learned in an MRT Station

In a person's life, one of the biggest dilemmas is how to keep focused in a world filled with distractions. I learned something as I pushed past the people in MRT - Ayala Station:

I got to the area where I needed to go by keeping my eyes focused on the area where I wanted to land in, and not mind the people blocking my way.

So my lesson learned was, to get to where I need to go, I need to keep my eyes focused on God, and on the Vision He has for me; with that, I won't even know it, but I've gotten to where I needed to go, and I won't even feel the things that are distracting me.

Things that derail people include navel-gazing and nitpicking. I need to stop looking "deep into myself," and finding fault with myself, and then picking at the things that shouldn't concern me, and instead, focus on the things that matter: God and His plan for me.

This doesn't mean that I won't deal with the issues that I still have. On the contrary, I need to just surrender them to the Lord...

One thing that I learned one time was, I realized that I finally got the hang of controlling my brain: things are a lot quieter up there now; also, friends and meh have noticed, and are telling me, that I'm a lot less angry and reactive lately...

And you know what hit me?

I never really agonized to get from Point A to Point B. I never lifted a finger to get rid of my anger issues. I never lifted a finger to learn to be more faithful; All I ever did..................


Was say a prayer.


It's truly God's grace that I ever moved a single step from Point A at all. And how I got to Point B... Is nothing but a miracle.

I'm excited to move to Point C. :D

0 reactions: